The Seven Questions You Need To Answer When You Are Stuck In Your Network Marketing Business
The majority of the time, the slow periods in your business development will pass. However, if they continue to drag on and you don’t address the blocks and stuck points, it is probably time to make some significant changes in the way you think and act.
The following simple question and answer exercise can help impact your business decisions and get you back on track. The sooner you address these seven steps, the more quickly your business will be able to move forward in the direction of success.
1. What are the most significant negative behaviors that you believe are impacting your business?
Some examples may include:
- Living with an “I can’t” mentality
- Dedicating your time to mindless activities such as constantly checking email, spending time on “pushing papers” around on your desk
- Not talking to enough new prospects
- Not returning phone calls or addressing difficult conversations, because you are afraid of conflict
- Blaming others for your lack of success
- Investing more time on “urgent” activities instead of the most important things you need to do to achieve success
2. What specific behavior/behaviors do you need to stop doing in order to begin moving your business forward?
Examples may include:
- I will stop thinking “I can’t”
- I will stop constantly checking my email
- I will stop avoiding tough conversations or phone calls
- I will stop blaming others for my lack of success
3. What specific behavior/behaviors do you need to start doing in order to begin moving your business forward?
Examples may include:
- I will shift my thinking from “I can’t” to “I will”
- I will check email three times each day: at 9:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- I will start my day by addressing the most challenging tasks
- I will dedicate four hours each day to the high value tasks that I know will move me in the direction of success in my network marketing business including prospecting calls, enrollment calls, following up with current and potential customers and planning for the days and weeks to come
- I will take 100% responsibility for all decision making in my business
4. What needs to change in your environment to help you remove the obstacles to success?
Your environment includes everything surrounding you from your home and office to the books you read and the people you spend the majority of your time with. If you feel that you are not reaching your potential in your business, there may be things in your environment that are creating distraction or causing you to feel stuck. Make a list of everything and every person around you that is helping you succeed or that is hurting your chance of success. From there, begin to declutter and upgrade your environment and your network so that it helps you move in the direction of success.
5. What does your subconscious programming tell you about success and money?
You may have been born and raised in a culture that taught you that money is “evil” or “it does not grow on trees.” On a subconscious level, you may think that wealthy people are just “born lucky” or they are snobbish and entitled. If you have a challenge answering this question, I recommend that you work with a coach who can help you get to the root of your belief system around success and money. In order for you to be successful in your network marketing business, it is critical that you view money and wealth as positive rewards that will lead you to financial freedom and a great life for you and your family.
6. What are the three most important and immediate goals you need to complete in the next month to get your business back on track?
With this step, you will be taking an action step to put pen to paper and write out three very specific goals you need to implement during the next month. As with all goals, you will want to write your immediate goals so that they are:
- Time Bound
7. Who are the 5 people in your life that you need to surround yourself with so that you achieve your goals?
The people you surround yourself with as you are getting your business back on track is critical to your success. The 5 people you choose should be successful, positive, encouraging, supportive and willing to give you the push that you need to get yourself over this hurdle. This list of people can include family, friends colleagues and team members who you know will help you get where you where you want to go with your business.
This simple question and answer exercise can be used when you are stuck or when you are changing directions. By answering a few tough questions, you can gain clarity about what you need to do for the future.